Radiophonic Workshop Television and Radio Commitments 1970
Radiophonic Workshop Television and Radio Commitments 1970 is a typewritten document by Desmond Briscoe dated February 1971 which lists the programmes for which the BBC Radiophonic Workshop produced sounds in 1970.
A. Long and/or complex pieces, involving the interpretation of abstract concepts or original creative composition and using the most detailed and advanced techniques. B. Composition and arrangement of musical or non-musical sequences, requiring detailed construction and interpretation and using complex treatments. C. Straightforward, using fairly complex treatments, for background use, but not requiring very detailed construction or difficult interpretation. D. Re-issue or very simple treatment, involving a minimum of creativity and interpretation.
- 1 - DRAMA ----- Grading ------- C Wednesday Play - Angels are so few B Mogul C Out of the Unknown - Taste of Evil A Take Three Girls Four modern electronic heavy rock numbers and cantata. C Paul Temple - House of the Dead C Thirty Minute Theatre - The Distinct Chill C Law and Order D The World and how we hear it D The Last of the Mohicans D The Battle of Tematangi - The Long Voyage out of War C Paul Temple - Title music C Home is where you hang your hat A Rainbird B Dr. Who and the Silurians - 7 episodes B Dr. Who - The Carriers of Death - 7 episodes B Dr. Who - and the Molebore - 7 episodes B International C Long Distance Piano Player
- 2 - B Menace - Crack Up B Dr. Who - Terror of the Autons - 4 episodes D Menace - Something Cries Out B Dr. Who - Pandora Machine - 6 episodes C Foxtrot B Dr. Who 1970 - Closing and second titles Re-cutting of the original to synchronise with graphics B First Time Out Series signature tune
- 3 - ARTS FEATURES ------------- Grading ------- C Omnibus - Art in Prisons D Review - Ronald Lloyd Ballet A Pre-Bach C Biography - Beethoven C Out of this Spark B Review - Ballard Electronic effects sequences for film C Omnibus - Hogarth Non-musical film sequences.
- 4 - SCHOOLS ------- Grading ------- C Going Going C Exploration & Discovery B Watch - Xerxes C Watch - Apollo Eleven A Watch - How the Whale got its throat Film track creation and 16mm. editing and laying. B Look Out Signature Tune
- 5 - GENERAL FEATURES ---------------- Grading ------- C Those who survived D Michelmore in Canada D Man Alive - U.S.A. C Seeing Stars B Chronicle - The Peninsular War Complete music track for the film, mainly based on existing music.
- 6 - LIGHT ENTERTAINMENT ------------------- Grading ------- C The Old Comtemptable C Lulu B Braden's Week Blue Danube on Telephones D Bernard Braden Adjusting Film Speed (tempophon) C Braden's Week Opening Sound
- 7 - REGIONS ------- Grading TV BIRMINGHAM ------- ------------- B Farming Opening and Closing Music TV BRISTOL ---------- C Look Stranger TV CARDIFF ---------- C Twm Twpsyn A BBC Wales TV. Signature Tune Arrangement of 12 bar folk song into 2' 45" piece. Also call sign. TV BELFAST ---------- B N. Ireland TV. News TV PLYMOUTH ----------- B Signature Tune for Spotlight South West
- 8 - DOCUMENTARY PROGRAMMES ---------------------- Grading ------- A Decimal Coinage Opening and Closing and Link music for TV series. A Tuesday Documentary - Rudolf Hess Music written to sychronise with film sequences. A I measured the skies Background music for film, based on Kepler's music.
- 9 - CHILDREN'S PROGRAMMES --------------------- Grading ------- D If you were me C Merry Go Round C Basil Brush Show C Edanzed C Vision On A The Greenwish Story Complete background music to synchronise with film A Blue Peter Realisation of existing score
- 10 - OPEN UNIVERSITY --------------- Grading ------- D Linear Algebra A Clouds of Aristophones Several Music Cues C Open University - publicity programme MUSIC ----- C Papillons Nightmare sequences for film D Music Now - Moog B Percy Grainger Realisation of short score SCIENCE FEATURES ---------------- C The Mind of Man PRESENTATION ------------ D Dr. Who Signature Tune ENGINEERING ----------- D White Noise Lands
- There is a copy in Delia's papers.