There's loads to do on the WikiDelia. If you'd like to help out, you can
- email me for a free wikidelia-editing account
- work on one of the non-wiki-writing items and mail me the results
- make a donation to ensure the WikiDelia's continued existence in the future. Every $6 extends its life by a month.
- 1 Admin
- 2 Writing the wikidelia
- 3 Research
- 4 Document recovery
- 5 Papers to transcribe
- 6 Scores to typeset
- 7 Audio to recover
- 8 Listening
- 9 Misc
- 10 Audio Processing
- 11 Spectrograms
- 12 System Administration
- 13 References
- See if NPR have The Autocrats
Writing the wikidelia
- Upload foto of inside of Zinovoeff's shed to Unit Delta Plus.
- Insert the entry dates from the TRW entries into the Chronology from 6604 on.
- Insert the TX dates from the TRW entries into the Chronology from 6322 on.
- Add missing manuscripts from dd093112 on
- Check that all the works listed in the PRS records have entries as pieces.
- Copy the mood descriptions from DD150638 to the relevant pieces' pages in Electrosonic
- Process the Sound on Sound article
- Transcribe interviews from The Delian Mode (film)
- Transcribe the poems proposed for Poets in Prison (or the ones that Delia appears to have used)
- Process the Delia Archive gallery on 7 inch cinema
- Process David Butler's post on createdigitalmusic.com about the archive
- Process The BBC Radiophonic Workshop: The First 25 Years and copy details to the pieces' pages
- Process the Soundhouse interview from "Doctor Who" onwards, transcribing into the Chronology and the pieces' pages
- Include the article Delia's recipe of strange sounds
- Separate out all the pieces in O Fat White Woman into their own pages. Also, decide which of the two versions of audio splits to use (theirs I suggest)
- Correlate tracks in Work is a Four Letter Word with ESL104
- EMS synthi disc pics and audio from Synthi Albums on thesynthi.de
- Transcribe the other Delian fragments from These Hopeful Machines.
- Add list of frames and something from booklet (image) for Paolozzi
- Check that the publisher in the PRS records pages is in the Copyright section for each piece.
- Sort out the various versions of Doctor Who from the entries in TRW. See also Doctor Who at the BBC Radiophonic Workshop - Volume 1: The Early Years for canonical track names.
- Add photos for 49 Deodar Road
- Process the full interview texts with Mark Ayres, Brian Hodgson and Peter Zinovieff on These Hopeful Machines website.
- Figure out which ESL104 tracks are used where in Work is a Four Letter Work.
- Add a one-line summary to each of the entries in Medialink library#Files.
- Add the identifiable high-res scans from the Medialink library to their relevant pages' info.
- Transcribe the lyrics for the 4 pieces of Amor Dei.
- Process the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography entry
- Add availability entries to the pages for items on TRW 4 and TRW 5
- Update PRS-only pieces from extra info in PRS records
- Check Red Princess: A Revolutionary Life book by Sofka Zinovieff for any mentions. See Unit Delta Plus
- Try to date the Listeners' Corner interview
- Which TV programme contains the BBCRW footage from Tom-Tom?
- Make a list of tapes "for Germany" in the Radiophonic Database and ask if Bayerische Rundfunk still have any of them.
- See if the uploader of BBC Schools programme  has any programmes that Delia created music for
- Check  for radio programmes
- Retrieve The Times article from 16th January 1968 reviewing Pot Pourri at the Queen Elizabeth Hall concert.
- Find the article about the BBC Radiophonic Workshop published in the magazine "Tatlers" on 12th May 1965.
- Get a better scan of The Dark Ages glossy magazine article for the photo of Briscoe and Delia. Library catalogue number GB 133 DDA/1/5/19.
Papers to transcribe
- DD141714: 9 Dec 1969 from TSgt Joe E. Salazar to BBCRW about availability of Dreams and other RW music
- DD141820: 15/6/70 R.T.Doyle to Delia about LPREC25M, Dave Brubeck and more
- DD161802: Delia's notes for F. Y. in T.
- Finish transcribing Radiophonic Workshop Television and Radio Commitments 1970
- Figure out what the score fragments are on the reverse of the manuscript for Science and Health
Scores to typeset
The following pieces are only known from their scores, so typesetting one will resurrect an otherwise lost piece.
- Science Serves the Arts
- Mathematics Around You
- Living Lessons
- Poets in Prison#War and Poets in Prison#Intro
- Add the missing musical notes and complete Ape - Hunt Group A (score)
- Retypeset Audio12's Sibelius score for Science and Health in Lilypond
The following are good candidates for conventional scoring:
Audio to recover
- Search the British Library Drama and literature recordings for BBC Radio and RSC audio recordings
- Get a copy of Jandl on CD or cassette
- The Cyprian Queen broadcast 2nd March 1964 at 8:30pm on the Home Service
- The Death of a Jelly Baby/Gravel broadcast
- 29th May 1964 at 8.45pm on the BBC Third Programme
- 14th June 1964
- The Pool broadcast
- 5th March 1965 at 21:50 on BBC Network Three
- 22nd March 1965
- 8th January 1966
- The Dark Ages broadcast
- 1st May 1965 at 8.00pm
- 17th May 1965
- The Flame broadcast
- 16th July 1965 on the BBC Third Programme
- 1st August 1965.
- An ABC in Sound broadcast 7th January 1966
- A Bayeux Tapestry broadcast
- 13 October 1966 at 7:50pm on the Third Programme
- 1 November 1967 20.35 on BBC Radio 3
- 2 November 1969 14.30 on BBC Radio 4 FM
- The Coming of the Car, episode of BBC Radio for Schools series "The Modern World" broadcast 9th November 1966
- A Year I Remember: A Silence filled with Greek, broadcast
- 17th January 1967 at 7:30pm on the BBC Third Programme
- 10th February 1967
- Home This Afternoon should have Delia's title music from 1967 on.
- The Applicant radio play
- 21st December 1967 at 8.50pm on BBC Radio 3
- 26th April 1968
- Anti Smoking Campaign for Radio Leeds, late 1968.
- The Autocrats, in the NPR Earplay series, was broadcast on American radio station KRAB.FM
- Apr 28, 1974 at 7:30pm
- Oct 5, 1974 at 8:30pm
- Apr 30, 1976 at 2:00pm
- Mar 18, 1977 at 7:30pm
These interviews may be interesting:
- The Afternoon Shift, 28th March 1997, BBC Radio 4, a programme about the demise of the BBCRW.
- The BBC has Oram interview quotes in its recording of The World This Weekend: 10 Years of The Radiophonic Workshop (1972) Also on TRW 6843. See if the episode has any mention of Delia or her work.
Where to search:
- The Old Time Radio Researchers make a lot of old radio recordings available on the web, mostly American series from the 1940s.
- RadioGOLDINdex lists mostly American radio shows that he used to have but does not provide content.
- Radio Spirits reissues old American Radio programmes and bought many of the master tapes from RadioGOLDINdex.
- There are many collectors of British radio recordings, but you have to contact them individually.
- The British Library Drama and literature recordings
- The British Library has a collection of BBC Radio recordings but "The BBC Sound Archive Catalogue can currently only be accessed in the British Library's Humanities - floor 2 reading room, where printed catalogues or microfiche (shelfmark HUS025.348209421) detailing pre-1992 holdings can be browsed." although "The online catalogue details a significant proportion of the Library's radio holdings"
- University College London has some radio programmes, but you need to be a UCL student, member of staff or honorary member of staff.
BBC TV programmes
- Famous Gossips, broadcast 22nd August 1965 at 10.40pm on BBC1. If title music, maybe in following 5 programmes to 26 Sep 1965
- Primary School Mathematics Programme 2, broadcast 27th September 1965
- A Woman's Guide, broadcast 3rd January 1966 at 7.30pm on BBC2
- The Dreaming Eye, including "Opening Dream sequence", broadcast 3rd April 1966 at 7:30pm on BBC2
- Ape and Essence, The Wednesday Play series 1, episode 61, broadcast 18 May 1966 at 9.00pm on BBC1
- Take Another Note, broadcast on BBC One London, 6th September 1966
- The Prophet 1st January 1967 at 10.05pm on BBC2 as Delia says "I did the music for the whole programme."
- In Your Own Words, broadcast on BBC One from 6th April to 10th June 1967
- The Gate of Hell, broadcast 16th May 1967 on BBC2
- Anything Goes, late 1968. Not found in Genome Project
- Space, broadcast 12th July 1969 on BBC Two
- Ballard, broadcast 12th Feb 1971 on BBC2
- A Midsummer Night's Dream, broadcast
- 26 September 1971 at 20:10 on BBC1
- 7th August 1973 at 21:00 on BBC2
- "Will the real Mr Hogarth...", broadcast 12th December 1971
Where to search:
- The British Film Institute mediatheques in UK cities have 2500 programmes but you have to go there in person.
- The BBC Motion Gallery at Getty Images
- The British Library, London
- The Pop Scene at the National Archive, Kew, UK or the BFI.
- Sound track to Een Van Die Dagen from Madelon Hooykaas, the filmmuseum.nl or whoever screened them at Glasgow CCA
- See if Bayerische Rundfunk still have a copy of the programme based on interviews at Maida Vale Munich Radio interview and the signature tune for their news programme Radio Munich
- An ABC in Sound from a member institution of IDEAMA.
- A Bayeux Tapestry, transcription copy at the British Library.
On the Radiophonic Workshop tapes
- TRW 5: Famous Gossips, Out of the Unknown - Title Music, Signature tune for Munich Radio, an excerpt from An ABC in Sound, One Hundred Faces of J.S. Bach, Closing sequence of Ape and Essence, "Niagara Falls" from German Concrete Poetry
- TRW 18: "Alphabet Poetry" (Bob Cobbins poems); Sono Montage (TRW 6373), Jandl (TRW 6931)
- TRW 6062: The Cyprian Queen
- TRW 6061: The Dark Ages with excerpts on TRW 7059
- TRW 6373 reel 3: Sono-Montage
- TRW 6387: A Woman's Guide
- TRW 6452 reel 3: Ape and Essence final
- TRW 6696: New Review pilot programme
- TRW 6931: Jandl
- TRW 7397 reel 5: I.E.E.100: stereo recording of the final presentation
and Delia's music for over a hundred other programmes
On the Attic Tapes
- DD003: Third Words: The Radio Feature including Le Pont Mirabeau
- DD005: Cubism prog including Le Pont Mirabeau, Play for Today (7.10.71), Orpheus.
- DD032: A Midsummer Night's Dream (might not be her version)
- DD034: "Spare wind for Raven and Dove"
- DD047: Mummy Daddy I Loathe You (may not be Delian)
- DD045 DD052 DD051 DD178: "Lowell 1", "Lowell 2", "Lowell 3", "Last installment of electronic sound for Robert Lowell film"
- DD063: "Newson piece" may be The Man Who Collected Sounds
- DD184 and DD185: Makeup tapes for the ICI Fashion Show
- DD143: "The Cloud 1 of 2 & Moodgies Bluedgies 3 of 3"
- DD194: "The Cloud 2 of 2; F Chagrin; S Brown"
- DD196: On The Level (Unit Delta Plus Demo tape 7½ i.p.s.)
- DD200: Who Is master & makeup
- DD211: Greenwich Macbeth Witches' Dance master & makeup
- DD215: "Wildlife, Argentina"
- DD221: "Angela's Ballet 1 master"
- DD260: I.E.E.100 and makeup tape DD076
- DD263: An off-air recording of most of the programme about Cubism containing Le Pont Mirabeau
- DD085: The Listeners Corner interview (1997, Howell and Parker on the demise of the RW).
- Watch Doctor Who: The Macra Terror to see if there's anything of Delia's other than Chromophone Band
- Watch Doctor Who: The Daleks to see if there's anything of Delia's other than the theme music. (See Beyond the Sun)
- Watch Doctor Who: The Edge of Destruction to see if there's Beyond the Sun.
- Listen to Free Thinking episode about the BBCRW MP3
- Check the interview with Ian Fairbairn about The Macra Terror in the torrent.
- Select the best audio for Dance from Noah
- Compare versions of The Dreams - one seems flatter than the others
- Listen to the woman's hour 20080725 programme with Dick Mills and Elizabeth Parker.
- Get a digital copy of the Attic Tapes and the Ayres hoard.
- Delia's music for Johnny's Jaunts published on cassette or from off-air recordings.
- Add makeup tracks for Amor Dei from Special Sound at http://www.oup.com/us/specialsound with user Music2 pass Book4416
- Identify and extract audio from Duffer
- Identify and extract audio from Ways of Seeing episode 2
- Add electronic noises from The Cracksman to its page
- Make public torrents of thebox.bz/zxcv.fm's video files now that they've closed down
- Compare our audio for Radio Solent and Dance from Noah with EMS FLEXI 1 from thesynthi.de
- Rip the makeups from dd-day-2014-trailer
- Compare audio of Ways of Seeing from youtube with that from torrent
- Include extracts from Doctor Who: Inferno
- Compare Electrosonic OGGs and spectrograms with FLAC torrent contents
- Extract audio from It Was a Solid Killing Match
- Re-do all pre-2016 spectrograms using the repaired sndfile-spectrogram:
- A Game of Chess
- Work Is A Four Letter Word
- An Electric Storm
- The Dreams
- Split The After Life into tracks and do spectrograms
- Do the spectrograms for Audio from 1971 on
- Web server: See if the Score mediawiki extension works when using mediawiki 1.18 to typeset score fragments.
- Learn how to make automated edits using the Mediawiki API by modifying their example client code
- Make a torrent of The Bagman