The Macra Terror
Delia is credited at the PRS with the music for a story in the Doctor Who series called The Macra Terror, broadcast from 11 March to 1 April 1967.
This includes Chromophone Band, with which the series opens, and a range of strange musical backgrounds following the aliens' dictum "We regulate our day by music."
The Performing Right Society's list of works by Delia Ann Derbyshire has:
Title: The Macra Terror Writer(s): Derbyshire Delia Ann; Hodgson Brian Garner Publisher: BBC Worldwide Music Creation date: 3 August 1999
- Broadcast from 11 March to 1 April 1967.
- On tape TRW 604: "The Macra Terror (Music)" in the BBC Radiophonic Archive.
- The BBC has lost the original footage but it has been reconstructed from off-air recordings by fans.
- Five tracks from the Doctor Who episode were released on Doctor Who at the BBC Radiophonic Workshop - Volume 1: The Early Years:
- Heartbeat Chase
- Chromophone Band
- Contoller Chimes
- Musak from "Time In Advance"
- Propaganda Sleep Machine
- There is a reconstruction from photosnaps with the original sound track on youtube.com
- The reconstruction is included in File:Doctor Who - The Complete Classic 26 Seasons Collection + Extras.torrent as S04E07.
- There is a torrent of mp3's of the audio (2 CDs' worth)
- There is the same audio in the animated Loose Cannon reconstruction of The Macra Terror