From WikiDeliaJump to navigationJump to search
Tomorrow's World is/was a weekly BBC TV programme for the popular divulgation of new inventions and scientific discoveries.
From the tape catalogue's entry and broadcast dates, it seems that Delia worked on "treating" the second of these themes.
- TRW 6378: "Tomorrow's World" produced by Julian Cooper, its tape catalogue entry is dated 1st October 1965, it was first broadcast on 9th December 1965 and is credited to Delia and John Harrison;
- TRW 6427: "Tomorrow's World - Title Music Treatment", an "edit of Johnny Dankworth's signature tune", produced by Roy Battersby, its tape catalogue entry is dated 1st January 1966, first broadcast on 20th January 1966 and is credited to Delia alone.
- Playing with Light: Delia also created music for one programme in the series, for a sequence called "Playing with Light".
- The Tomorrow's World video, an insert for a 1965 episode in which Delia explains some of her techniques.
- "The theme tune for the first six episodes was composed by Marius Constant, but when the series returned later the same year, it featured a distinctive new theme composed by Johnny Dankworth." —"Tomorrow's World - First Edition" on bbc.co.uk
- The Tape Library List's entry for TRW 6378: "Tomorrow's World".
- The Tape Library List's entry for TRW 6427: "Tomorrow's World - Title Music Treatment".
- The Tape Library List's entry for TRW 6441: "Tomorrow's World: Playing with Light"