Standing Wave: Delia Derbyshire in the 1960s
(Redirected from Standing Wave)Jump to navigationJump to search
Standing Wave: Delia Derbyshire in the 1960s is a biographical play by Nicola McCartney based on Delia's life which was performed by the Reeling and Writhing theatre group from 7-23 October 2004 at the Tron theatre in Glasgow.
The review site for the production contains a few biographical snippets: "a brief and disastrous marriage to a striking Yorkshire miner" in 1974 when "at only 37, she was beginning the long battle with alcohol and depression that would shadow the remaining three decades of her life."
- Director: Katherine Morley
- Script: Nicola McCartney
- Music: Pippa Murphy
- The play had a successful run at the Edinburgh Festival in 2004 but was not captured on video
- Nicola McCartney holds the rights to the script, which makes fascinating reading.
- ↑ Variations on the Dr Who theme in news.scotsman.com on 25th September 2004.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Music for the years of the BBC time lords in The Sunday Times on 26th September 2004.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Waving, not drowning in news.scotsman.com on 3rd October 2004.