Wildlife Safari to the Argentine
It is also referred to as "Wildlife Safari to Argentina" and "Wildlife Safari to Southern South America".
Delia seems to have been very pleased with the result, as in one of her pages of notes, she writes "Tell Roger to remind me to jump up and down with delight".
- DD145456: An orange folder "TRW 7598: Wildlife Safari to the Argentine" containing:
- DD151310 Letter dated 1st September 1971 from Boswall to Head of Radiophonic Workshop: "Could I enquire whether it might be possible please to compose some radiophonic music for this series?"
- DD151247 Letter dated 18th October 1971 from Briscoe to Boswall: "It is quite possible that Delia Derbyshire, who was, of course, responsible for the Great Zoos composition, would be able to do this."
- DD145754 Letter dated 3rd January 1972 from Boswall to Organiser, Radiophonic Workshop: "I hope we can meet early in April and if at all possible we would like to have the music by the middle of May or at the latest the very end of May."
- DD145728 Letter dated 18th May 1972 from Boswall to Delia: "Greatly looking forward to meeting you 2 p.m. Monday [...] Robin Prytherch is working hard [...] to provide you with at least 60 sounds."
- DD145530 Letter dated 19th May 1972 from Boswall to Delia: "These recordings we hope will please you. All are BBC Copyright."
- DD151402 DD151418 DD151446 DD151513 Letter dated 19th May 1972 from Boswall to Delia, "NOTES FOR TITLES"
- Delia's notes:
DD151022: Plans "Prog.1"
DD151043: Analysis of 50 animal sounds, p.1
DD151101: Analysis of 50 animal sounds, p.2
DD151118: Plans "Check timing" / "Do good intro"
The Performing Right Society's list of works by Delia Ann Derbyshire has:
Title: Wildlife Safari to the A Writer(s): Derbyshire Delia Ann Creation date: 20 July 1997
- The BBC Sound Archive's tape TRW 7598 is missing.
- Delia's Attic Tape DD215 is labelled "Wildlife, Argentina".
The film is mentioned twice on the net:
AUDUBON WILDLIFE FILM LECTURES - BALTIMORE CHAPTER MOS The Audobon Wildlife Film lectures sponsored by the Baltimore Chapter of MOS will consist of the following programs in 1981-1982: ... Apr. 23, Fri. - "Wildlife Safari to Argentina" - Jeffrey Boswall
"The BBC Natural History Unit at Bristol provided two excellent films: the Oven-bird from 'Wildlife Safari to Argentina', and 'the Private life of the..."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The Tape Library List's entry for TRW 7598.
- ↑ DD151310: Letter dated 1st September 1971 from Boswall to Head of Radiophonic Workshop.
- ↑ DD151118
- ↑ The Initial Catalogue's entry for DD215.
- ↑ HOWARD: Maryland Ornithological Society newsletter, September-October 1981, Vol. 10 No. 1
- ↑ IBIS: The International Journal of Avian Science, Volume 118, Issue 3, pages 456–472, July 1976: British Ornithologists' Union: Report of the Council for 1975