Its tape is dated 1st May 1965 and its catalogue entry says it was first broadcast on 22nd August of the same year but we don't know if Delia's music was a theme for the whole series or only for the first episode.
The BBC Genome Project lists:
- 22 Aug. 1965 - John Aubrey: The Antiquary
- 29 Aug. 1965 - Parson Yorick: The Sentimental Traveller
- 01 Sep. 1965 - Harriette Wilson: Angelic Harry
- 12 Sep. 1965 - Charles Apperley: The Tribute to Squire Mytton
- 19 Sep. 1965 - Augustus Hare: The Years with Mother
- 26 Sep. 1965 - Oscar Wilde: Monsieur Sebastian Melmoth
- 21 Feb, 1968 - The Years with Mother: Alan Bennett plays Augustus Hare, presumably a repeat.
Patrick Garland's "long-running West End production of Brief Lives came out of an episode about Aubrey in Famous Gossips (1965), the BBC television series Garland made with [Alan] Bennett" and one of Delia's Attic Tapes is labelled "Brief Lives" as is a BBC tape credited to Brian Hodgson.
- Unknown: Squire Mytton
- Played By: Nigel Stock
- Unknown: John Mytton
- Introduced By: Hugo Dyson
- Designer: Julia Trevelyn Oman
- Produced By: Patrick Garland
- Broadcast on BBC1 on 22nd August 1965 at 10.40pm
- In the BBC Sound Archive on tape TRW 6302.
- In the BBC Sound Archive on tape TRW 4.