Leopards from the Sea
It was "A recreation of scenes from the 1808-1814 Peninsular War on the Iberian Peninsula between the French and allied armies under Napoleon Bonaparte, and those of Spain, Portugal and Britain", while a BBC internal document desacribes it as "Complete music track for the film, mainly based on existing music."
Its entry in the Radiophonic Database has the notes:
Reel returned from Delia Derbyshire. TMS (Television Music Studio) tape dated 2/5/71 Sound Supervisor Adrian Stocks T/G Operator Ray Williams Box marked "Reel 1 of 2", title "Leopards from the Sea". Idented orchestral recordings.
where "TMS (Television Music Studio)" seems to be the BBC Television Music Studio, Shepherds Bush, London, producing "title and incidental music for television programmes".
Its tape's catalogue entry is dated December 1970, the TMS tape is dated 2nd May 1971 (presumably when the final version was complete) and Chronicle: Storm in the Peninsula was broadcast on 17 July 1971
- Broadcast on BBC2 England on 17th July 1971 at 22:25.
- In the BBC Sound Archive on tape TRW 7293.
- List of Chronicle episode titles on wikipedia
- DD072706: Radiophonic Workshop Television and Radio Commitments 1970, page 5.
- Andy Philpot's biography
- [https://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/c262b804f438454385006dc09b590ce5 Chronicle: Storm in the Peninsula on the BBC Genome Project
- The Tape Library List's entry for TRW 7293.