Cyril Aldred also published a BBC book of the series, with the same title.
As well as the title music, it seems from the Attic Tape titles that Delia also created incidental music for episodes of the series. This page is about the title music.
It's a full-on Delian trip... starting with trumpet calls from a 1939 recording of the silver trumpet found in Tutankhamun's burial chamber, it then enters the mesmerising desert territory Delia mapped out so memorably in Blue Veils and Golden Sands.
Isolationist ambience some 25 years ahead of its time.
Roger Lamb helped create some of the in-programme cues for the series.
Her papers contain the cue sheets for twelve programmes.
Her notes on the back of each sheet are for something else, as they are dated June 22 '72and Tutankhamun's Egypt was broadcast starting on 2nd April 1972. See The back of Tutankhamun's Egypt cue sheets.
The Performing Right Society's list of works by Delia Ann Derbyshire has:
Title: Tutankhamun's Egypt Artist(s): Derbyshire Delia Ann Publisher: Unpublished Creation date: 1 January 1984
- Broadcast on BBC2 every Sunday from April 2nd to June 25th 1972.
- Released on The Music of Africa, BBC Record REC130M (1971)
- The BBC Sound Archive's tape TRW 7529: "Egypt series" is missing.
- There is a clip at delia-derbyshire.org
There is also a book of the series by Cyril Aldred, published in 1972.
- Excavation of Tutankhamen's tomb BBC R4 c1972 forum post on proboards.com
- Tutankhamun's Egypt programme 1 on genome.ch.bbc.co.uk
- DD237: "Scribes, Heiroglyphs" for episode 8.
- Peter Marsh reviewing the album BBC Radiophonic Music on bbc.co.uk
- DD161's notes.
- DD142422: Delia's notes on the back of Tutankhamun's Egypt cue sheets, dated "June 22 '72".
- DD142121: Tutankhamun's Egypt cue sheets for Programme One, "TX 2/4/72".
- The Tape Library List's entry for TRW 7529: "Egypt Series".