French Eyes on the Future
From WikiDeliaJump to navigationJump to search
"An appraisal of French strength today including the atom experiments. The theme is how dearly France is paying to go it alone."
The National Educational Television Records, 1951-1969 contain a press release for it.
- Broadcast on BBC1 on 1st June 1965 from 9.25pm to 10.20pm.
- Broadcast in the U.S.A. on 8th August 1966 at 8.30pm in California, Oakland,  San Mateo and Texas, on 22nd August 1966 in Missouri and at 10.00pm on 24th August 1966 in New York.
- In the BBC Sound Archive on tape TRW 6299.
- A trailer was on tape TRW 6317 but that tape is no longer to be found.
- San Mateo Times, 6th August 1966, Page 62
- DD110253: Delia's clipping of the Radio Times programme listing for French Eyes on the Future.
- Santa Fe New Mexican, 7th August 1966, p.36: TV programme listing.
- Location shooting took place in late March and/or early April 1965 because The Glasgow Herald dated 24th May 1965] reports that the BBC camera crew was arrested while filming an H-bomb plant, and a B.B.C. spokesman says that happened "six or seven weeks ago".
- The BFI entry for French Eyes on the Future.
- An article by Roy Battersby, also entitled French Eyes on the Future, was based on the film's script and appeared in The Listener on 1st July 1965, reprinted in Survival: Global Politics and Strategy, Volume 7, Issue 6, 1965, pp.219-223: “This article, based on the script of a film televised in BBC-1, is a survey of their progress. Mr Battersby is a producer of television films.”
- Public Information Records, 1954-1969, box 31, folder 4: "French Eyes on the Future at University of Wisconsin.
- The Tape Library List entry for TRW 6299.
- The Argus from Fremont, California, 8th August 1966, Page 12
- Oakland Tribune, 7th August 1966, Page 148
- The Baytown Sun, Monday 8th August 1966
- The Kansas City Star from Kansas City, Missouri for Sunday, 21st August 1966, Page 125's listing for Monday 22nd.
- The Record Newspapers, Troy, N.Y., Saturday 20th August 1966 listing for films on the following Wednesday.
- The Tape Library List entry for TRW 6317.